Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Advent of Atrocities Challenge




I don’t have to tell my frustrated followers that I don’t write enough. My output for the last 2 years has been nothing short of pathetic. Meanwhile, my list of kick ass horror movies that I’m just dying to tell people about grows ever longer. Here’s the problem: I always feel like my blog entries have to be grandiose, well thought out, and contain tons of screen caps that take hours to get. By these standards, blogging becomes too daunting, and I throw on a flick instead.

Which is why I’ve cleverly chosen the busiest time of year to set a challenge for myself: An Advent Calendar of Atrocities. Each day in December, leading up to Christmas, I will post a blog entry on a great horror movie I’d like to share with you fine folks. Some days they might be a paragraph recommending something. Other days I might run off at the fingertips, gushing for 2000 words about some flick that has captured my imagination.

That’s 24 days of tiny, bite-sized gifts for you. And if any of y’all are feeling the spirit of the season, I challenge you to create a blogging advent calendar of your own, and we can totally cross-linkify.

Should I fail this challenge, may the Krampus roast my chestnuts on an open fire. Now let the holiday giving begin!

Marvin Out

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live for your comments.