Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Do You Feel It in thr Air? It's... It's...

HALLOWEEN SEASON!!!!!!!

That's right. Halloween is no longer just a holiday, but an entire holiday season. And I say if stores are already putting out their All Hallow's Eve paraphernalia, then I can start celebrating right now.

And what better way to celebrate than with a month-long blogfest? But I'm thinking that if I hit the Halloweeny movies too early, I might suffer a touch of burnout. That being the case, I'm going to take the lesson that the Top Ten of the Past Ten liststravaganza taught me to heart: European horror is where it's at.

So, I hereby declare that September 2011 is European Horror Month at Marvin's Mancave. I'm making it my goal to watch and blog about at least two European Horror Films per week. Not an insane goal, so I might even be able to stick with it. I'll be watching some new films and reviewing some old favorites. I'm also taking requests, so if you've got any suggestions, fling 'em my way.



I'm also taking that other lesson of the liststravaganza to heart: collaboration with other horror bloggers is where it's at. So here's the deal: if you've got any posts that you're particularly proud of that deal with European horror films, shoot me a link. I'll post it, tell you how cool you are (and mean it), and hopefully send some traffic your way. "But wait," you say, "I don't want to recycle an old post. I want to feel the warm glow of full participation in European Horror Month." Alternately, you might be saying, "Dude, I don't even have a blog." That's fine. Write something, send it my way, and I'll post it. Even if it sucks (but it won't, because my readers have highly refined taste and a razor-sharp wit). "But wait," you say, "I don't want to participate. In fact, I don't even read your blog." That's okay, most don't.

Anyhow, that's my latest gimmick. Let's see how it all plays out. 

P.S. - 50 Eurohorror Points if you can name the movie the picture comes from

6 comments:

  1. I could be wrong, but it looks like something out of the original "The Wicker Man". Is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A noble guess sir, but you are indeed wrong. It's more obscure than that. Here's a clue: it's a Czech film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know...but I want to know. He's quite sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right? I just hope he can keep those teeth out of the way if-you-know-what-I-mean-and-I-know-that-you-do. I plan on writing this one up, so I'll keep you in suspense for just a bit longer. In the meantime, anyone else care to hazard a guess? Hint #2: Character name: The Weasel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that from Valerie and Her Week of Wonders?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kweeny,

    Indeed it is. Now, did you guess it before or after reading my Valerie post? If before, you get the full 50 Eurohorror points. If after, Hell, you still get 'em. I'm just excited to come across another human being who's actually seen it.

    ReplyDelete

I live for your comments.